IT’S THE END!! (Finally…)
It makes me feel kind of guilty to be as exited as I am, but it’s been a long semester and I think I have the right to feel relieved and pumped to get the heck outta here! Don’t get me wrong, I love being in university and living in a dorm and blah blah blah, but truth be told, there is no better place than home – especially when you have a step-dad who cooks like Gordon Ramsey on steroids (the food here is alright, but who am I kidding? Home food tastes like gold compared to here..) and a cool mom (yeah, mom, I admit you’re cool..) and a smashing girlfriend and all the people I’m too exhausted to mention because as I said, it’s been a long semester and I’ve got the work to prove it! I swear I’ve written more than enough poems and stories to fill a book and then some. Next semester will be the same, if not more… What a trek! But we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.
I’ve managed to avoid writing a post for a very long time. I don’t know why – but nothing overly interesting since the election has come up. Well, except…
Here’s a list of things that happened in the last two months:
- Went to a Sharks game and scored Row 10 seats
- Celebrated a friend’s birthday
- Bought a mini fridge with my future roommate and named it Frank
- Went to Santa Cruz, ate amazing burgers and swam in the freezing cold sea
- Booked a trip to Maui for January with Maile
- Practically re-watched all of Golden Girls (for the millionth time)
- Practiced my watercolor
- Lost 5 pounds
- Wrote a 30+ page movie script (that’s about a third of a full-length film)
- Thanksgiving (avoided all political talk)
- Went to The Getty Museum
- Did pottery (more on that when I get home to see the finished products)
- I-House formal dinner
- Found the 5 pounds I’d lost
- Went to Winter in the Park
- Photoshopped the hell out of my coworkers and I to make this bomb-ass card
- Went to a literary event
- ‘Partied’ in Oakland
- Made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers at work and it was a mess
- Got our I-House shirts
- Watched the SJSU Choir at one of our local churches (huge and very beautiful)
- Had finals
- Packed up my room
Formal dinner was cool – every semester, the I-House puts on a themed dinner for the residents to celebrate the semester and it was nice! Here’s the group picture…
Below is the photoshopped card I made for work – I know in “technicality” aspects it’s not the best, but it was SO fun to make and I just absolutely love it and I’m so proud of it!
Anyway, that about wraps up Fall 2016! That means it’s only about 11 days until the end of this bizarre year – and only like 5 days from Christmas, baby! Get them jingle bells jingling and I’ll get my ugly sweater – it’s gonna be a party!
This post is dedicated to Kevin Jenkins – a dear friend who passed away a couple days ago. My heart is broken. You will never be forgotten. I love you and all the friends you’ve introduced me to along the way. Thank you for being so awesome to everyone yo
u meet. We love and miss you so much xoxo
Thanks for reading!